Today was an ultra-good end to the crazy work week! Friday's always my lightest day -- only first 3 periods of lessons to conduct, with the rest of the day free for me to catch up with other work that I need to do, plus it's Friday, so school officially ends earlier. Usually we'd have to stay back for department 'reflections', which essentially means 'meetings', but today no need cos prelim invigilation going on after school, and thankfully I'm not involved this afternoon! So.... hee hee, Sophia and I decided to zoom off to Vivocity right after the last bell rang so we can escape from the heat of things and go out for a relaxing lunch and walk about a bit, something we rarely have the chance to do on a weekday!
We had lunch at this nice Chinese place called Pu Tien Restaurant, located at a corner of Food Republic. It offers humble dishes cooked in a variety of ways, some pretty interesting, like stir-fried yam and steamed prawn in bamboo, which are supposed to their specialty dishes. But we wanted to settle for someting nice and simpler, so we each chose a main course and then ordered something else to share -- it's great that we both have about the same taste in food, so it always makes sharing food so much easier... haha. ;)
The first dish is the restaurant's version of 'lor mee' that Sophia had. Mine's the fried "Hing Wa" bee hoon, which is really tasty. The bee hoon's thinner than the usual kind and comes in short, curly strips. Even found cockles in it, but of course, I left them alone. :p The last one's the dish we shared -- spinach with salted egg and century egg in supreme stock. Both of us love this one -- only disappointment is that we kept searching for the yolk in the century egg but found mainly the white, but the great-tasting spinach makes up for it. :)
Just found the website for this restaurant. Apparently it's got other outlets like at Marina Square etc. Hee, their website has an online menu that shows colourful pics of their dishes, which appeals to people who love looking at food pics, like ME! Haha... it's at http://www.putien.com.sg/.
Anyway, after that we just went walking about at some of the stores before we went off earlier than I wanted to... haiz...cos I had to get to HDB Branch Office to settle some stuff. But think we must make it a point to reward ourselves for working so hard once in a while like this cos it does allow us to feel better after work. Now I understand why so many Japanese office workers have the habit of hanging out after work every day to unwind over dinner and drinks before going home like Hubby and I saw in Japan last year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment