We were supposed to meet up with the rest of my family at Harbourfront Bus Interchange for a walk to Mt Faber Park and the other surrounding parks, an idea suggested by Papa a couple of weeks ago. But that was to take place only at about 4pm, so Hubby and I left home before noon to town, cos Hubby wanted to check out more race car merchandise.
We had a good lunch at Sakae Sushi @ Wheelock Place-- discovered that the restaurant has moved to another location on the same level and we liked the change in layout cos instead of many people seated in a row facing the conveyor belts, they now have cosy tables with people sitting beside the belts instead, so we don't have to sit with strangers and can face each other now as we pick food off the conveyor belt. Good move. :)
Anyway, later on, despite not being able to locate any race cars he wanted to display at home, Hubby managed to get himself a Renault no. 5 Alonso-related cap at one of the outdoor stalls stationed along Orchard Road near Ngee Ann City. It cost him $70, but it made him a very pleased Alonso fan indeed. :p
Oh and then we whizzed off to Paragon and caught the Tag Heuer exhibition there. Cool! I liked the display a lot:
Here's the impressive pillar announcing the name of the exhibition -- it cleverly ties in with the F1 race as its theme. That's why the setting's kinda cool. And there are round glass table displays of their various range of watches.


I'm no racing fan, unlike Hubby, but I did appreciate the display of watches next to charming racing accessories. And the giant poster boards of racers are great to admire too. Heh. ;)
I'm no racing fan, unlike Hubby, but I did appreciate the display of watches next to charming racing accessories. And the giant poster boards of racers are great to admire too. Heh. ;)
And check this out -- Tag Heuer mobile phones! Didn't know they had phones... look quite solid and remind me of Vertu phones. Think they're very expensive though.
Ok, after that it was off to Harbourfront to meet my family. Was happy to see my aunt, my dad's 3rd elder sister, who helped my parents to look after me when I was a small kid. It's been more than a year since I last visited her, and am glad she can spend some time out enjoying some new experiences with us.
It was really hot at that time when we embarked on our 'climb' up to Mt. Faber Park. Despite equipping myself with a cap and a handheld fan, I was still sweating profusely as I walked to the top. Hubby even opened his brolly... haha. But luckily it felt much better when we got to the park...and it did feel nice to be in touch with a bit more nature than usual. :)
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
No comments:
Post a Comment