Last Saturday, after Hubby managed to hunt down the racing car he so coveted, we all made our way to Marina Square so that Beebee and I could grab some good deals at the closing down sale of The Face Shop outlet there (yeah, that outlet's gonna be no more). Anyway, following that, we headed over to Ministry of Food at #02-138E Centre Stage for a late dinner.
That's the first time Hubby and I tried the food at MOF, but we both agree that it's a place that offers delicious fare, considering that we ended up quite pleased with our dinner. And cos Beebee's a member there, we get 10% off items that are subject to discount (most are actually) and cos we paid using DBS/POSB card, we got an additional 5% off, so that's pretty cool.
The tonkotsu ramen that Hubby ordered for himself. The stock tastes so great that we slurped it all up among the three of us. :p Comes with a generous portion of Japanese chilli spice to, well, spice things up a bit (see the small mini pot in the pic? That's full of the spice! But of cos, the spice all went to my food instead of the ramen. :p
Beebee ordered this mixed mince rice. It's Japanese pearl rice with minced meat and some red ginger. Tastes pretty flavourful. Both of us decided to order special rice like this each and then some ala carte dishes to go with the rice, but I think this one's good enough to even be consumed on its own. :)
This one's mine -- plum rice! Was pretty excited when I saw this on the menu, cos it's really the first time I even heard of this. Check out the colour of the rice -- so 'plummy'. Comes with shredded seaweed and tastes just like its name suggests -- plum. Really, it's as if the rice was boiled in rich plum juice. Interesting.
The unagi salad. Being a fan of Japanese unagi, I almost never fail to order something that's unagi-related whenever I visit a Japanese restaurant. This one's got pieces of unagi mixed with tofu and cabbage, and comes with a separate bowl of sauce that you can add as you wish and then toss. We ordered the one meant for 1 person. It's got a bigger option meant for 3 people to share, I think.
The chicken katsu toji-- breaded chicken stewed with egg, onions and mushrooms. It's the type that comes on top of a burner.
These chicken wings are lovely -- one of the best I've had so far. :) Gotta devour them while they're warm though, so they still have that crisp when you bite into them. :) Love the sesame seeds sprinkled on them. Hubby thinks these are useless, but I just like having sesame seeds in food-- gives it that extra oomph. :p
Finally, the last dish we ordered is the salmon cutlets, which are great too. We ate them piping hot. Crisp exterior yet soft, rich salmon filling. Goes really well with the mayonnaise.
Oh ya! How could I have forgotten this? Usually when Hubby and I dine at restaurants, we don't specially order dessert after our meal, but the dessert menu looked so good to us, plus I think we were just pleased with the meal. Here's what we three shared -- the chef-recommended strawberry gelato. Every other dessert that's chef-recommended has to do with green tea, but we weren't that keen on green tea, so I chose this. Even Hubby who's not normally a fan of strawberry ice cream found it yummy. :)
Well, we certainly ate a lot, didn't we? I'm sure this won't be the last time I dine at MOF. Food's great, service is fast too -- the dishes we ordered came one by one quite quickly; didn't even have to wait much. Total bill came up to about $58 after discount, quite reasonable for filling three empty stomachs and making three people so satisfied after that. Haha. MOF must be one of my favourite Japanese restaurants now! ;D
No comments:
Post a Comment