Monday, April 7, 2008

Wheeee... off went the weekend...(and xiao3bao1)

Yahoo! Yes, the two enemies've left... Doc's jabs were indeed potent. Heh.

Last weekend passed by in a flash (why does every weekend have to behave like that? Can't stand it... sigh). Guai guai reported at Dr Yap's on Saturday morning for the scheduled checkup and blood test once again (Ow, ow!!!) and am glad that everything seems ok, although the results she analysed were based on the previous blood test after the Japan trip (and after all the goodies that I've consumed in that wonderful land :p). And ho ho ho! I managed to reduce my weight by nearly another 2kg. Ok la, not much, but it's a good sign anyway... just gotta keep the weight down down DOWN!
Yeah, must keep the weight down, which is why my thighs are hurting like crazy now. Been like this the whole day.Can't even squat properly without groaning. Why? Cos I spent a nice Sunday morning yesterday going for my first jog in FIVE years. It's actually the very first time I joined Hubby in jogging. I know I kinda jogged very slowly compared to his usual speed, and he even had to gimme a 'discount' in distance jogged, but never mind la... start slow lor... hehe. Better than nothing right? :p

Anyway, let's rewind back to Saturday again. After seeing Dr Yap, we stayed in town the whole day... went shopping! Poor hubby, all he got for himself was a can of tomato juice imported from Japan at Isetan's supermarket. I got myself a couple of work pants (yes, am down one size too! Bought the pants at Dorothy Perkins... pretty cheap compared to Esprit, so might just switch to getting pants from DP instead from now onwards), a book at a Christian bookstore at Far East Plaza while waiting for my pants to be altered, and heeheehee, I also managed to expand my collection of mini Japanese food display!
V^_^V



hehe, aren't they cute? First pic shows my second set of collection (only a couple of boxes were what's left from my previous purchase) lying on top of my second display case. This time, my focus is on cute western-Japanese cuisine and fancy desserts/ snacks. Check out the second pic to see this latest set of display goodies. Love looking at them! :) And final pic shows how they look when stacked on top of my first display case in the kitchen.

In the evening, Hubby and I ended up at Marina Square to meet his reservist mates... wah, first time I attended a gathering with about 90% being guys, and more than half being Malay guys... some look quite intimidating, but they're all actually so nice and jovial people... ;) The guy who organised it, Rezal, is such a gentleman and a great host. He actually asked people who managed the small eating place named Cavana to reserve more than 20 seats, and they even came to take orders from us (usually you'd have to queue to order your food). In addition, we got free small dishes and they even supplied plates and forks for a birthday celebration for one of the guys there too. Not bad! Then we were even more impressed when we headed to Superbowl next and Rezal smartly handed out coupons to everyone to use when renting the bowling shoes. He'd already booked 4 lanes for the group. In the end, he even offered to drive us all the way home. Wow... what an organiser. So pro lor. ;) Anyway, I didn't bowl (can't bowl for nuts!) or talk much to the guys, but was pretty happy just sitting back and relaxing, listening to all their bantering. Am really glad that Hubby's got a nice bunch of people to hang out with during reservist. I think it'll definitely make his time there much more bearable. :)

Ok, getting a bit sleepy liao. Tomorrow's a really long day and when I return home in the evening, I'll have to start packing for the upcoming Sec 3 adventure camp which starts on Wednesday and ends on Friday. Looking forward to the camp cos it's a great chance for me to take a break from the usual schooldays and mingle with the students of this cohort, which I know pretty well. :) But... sigh, as always, there's the reluctance to leave Hubby and not see him for days in a row. :( But well, guess it's 'payback' for him leaving me for so long for his reservist training. :p

Will log in again after the camp... tata...

No comments: