Saw this new arrival at Tommy Hilfiger last Friday evening, was attracted to it cos of the Christmassy colours and youthful checkered print, then walked away from it, adamant about saving money and disciplining myself when it comes to buying bags.
So much for disciplining myself.
Friday night had me dreaming about myself happily carrying the bag around, then Saturday afternoon saw a very naughty Hubby 'encouraging' me to get the bag by citing reasons I should get it. (I honestly dunno why he does that to me all the time -- it's like he gets a kick out of seeing me torn and then finally give in to temptation. =.=)
Then here's how Saturday evening went:
8.00pm, after dinner -- walked about at Bugis thinking about the bag after Hubby mentioned it again
8.15pm -- still thinking...couldn't concentrate on window shopping
8.30pm -- walked into bakery, grabbed a loaf of bread with the intention of going home after that, then put the bread back and left, with the bag still in mind
8.45pm -- took train to city hall
8.55pm -- stood outside Tommy Hilfiger at Raffles City, staring at the bag in the display window
9.00pm -- still staring...
9.05pm -- still staring...and thinking... and staring some more...
9.10pm -- happily examining a new piece and chatting with the store people
I know... I know... I'm terrible! I'm practically an addict already! Someone get me going cold turkey please!
Later, on our way home that night, Hubby MMSed Beebee telling her that I'd finally given in and bought the bag. She'd commented the previous evening that the bag wasn't fantastic looking, and since I'd walked away from it, she must have expected that I wasn't gonna get it in the end. Sigh, it's no wonder after knowing that I'd bought it anyway, she replied Hubby's MMS with a "I look down on her..." T_T
Even my little sis thinks I've no 'backbone'. Argh! But seriously, this will be my last bag for the year! With only a few weeks left before 2009 comes, how difficult is it to make that statement come true? Er, right? RIGHT???
No comments:
Post a Comment