Friday, October 31, 2008

Piggy needs more money... '@'!!!

A few years ago, I kept an expenditure log. I didn't have as much spending power as now and I used to be quite the thrifty one. (Note: the phrase is "used to be". Sigh.) I don't think I can be labelled a spendthrift now either cos I do feel the pinch when spending on big ticket items on myself.

Anyway, my latest pinch was experienced after I bought the 2 bags mentioned in my previous post. In fact, it's more than a pinch. It's a burn, cut, whatever... just know that it's a super painful wound, cos after that day, my desire to shop was significantly reduced. Hmmm... I think if you show me a bag now, I won't have as much craving for it as I would before. Hee, turning over a new leaf, am I?


Well, something else that cured me of the shopping bug was when I checked my bank account yesterday. Alamak!!! Reality check. Need to save more, more, MORE!

So now it's back to the expenditure log. It's really useful and keeps me on my toes cos I can literally see how much goes out of my pocket each day. I'm starting to carry my Kate Spade organiser around with me so I can keep record as and when I need. Don't wanna wait till next year to start this log!

PS. I spent only $5 in all today on 2 meals. Heehee. Good start... good start. ;D

No comments: