Monday, August 25, 2008

New priorities in life...

That's it. I did it today. Officially declined a position in the school management committee as Subject Head.

When I was offered the position last week, I was quite keen to take it up. However, after further consideration and discussion with Hubby, I decided to let it go. Although it was hard to let go of such an opportunity (had to wrestle within myself), especially since it's in an area that I am pretty interested in, after weighing all the pros and cons, I think above all, family and sufficient work-life balance is still more important to me. At this stage, both Hubby and I have been talking about baby plans etc, and I don't think I want any added pressure from work interfering with this. Now, just wanna focus on being healthier and our baby plans. :)

Manjit was actually supportive when I told her about it today. She was the one who nominated me first but she says that opportunities will come again for me, and was happy for me, knowing the reason behind the decision. I remember that some time ago, I was actually considering taking up a new job due to some work-related issues, but now, think will try my best to cope for as long as I can. I just need to learn how to be more stress-free and manage my emotions better, I guess. Will try and see how it goes.
*cross fingers and hope for the best*

No comments: