Monday, July 7, 2008

What's New!

Hubby and I acquired several new things over the weekend! Here're some of the items that we lugged home over the 2 days:

A lovely Paperchase carrier we picked up from Borders for $9... I bought the mechanical pencil with a similar print too... just couldn't resist these. So adorable with all the fun animals printed all over! We made our first effort to save the environment cos after we got this carrier, we decided to put whatever small items we bought later on into this bag instead of using plastic/ paper bags that the stores provide. (Of course, this cute carrier made it easy for us to enjoy helping the earth... ehehehe.) Oh, and we have decided to continue this good deed by using this carrier as a shopping bag on future weekends. :)


Also bought my final set of mini food collection (cos the kitchen no more space for my mini food tower liao! Can only stack one last display container... *sigh*). Anyway, this one's a sushi collection! Thought must have cos Hubby and I do like sushi and most of the sushi items here are what I usually go for. Heehee. Wah, but must go back to the store to get the display container. Apparently, it's all out of stock cos over in Japan, stocks have been diminishing too.

And here's the new guitar we got with the Guitar Hero Aerosmith game we bought from Gamescore at Funan on Saturday evening. It was the store's anniversary celebration, and there was a sort of little party going on, with catered food for members. Hubby and I had our dinner there... heh. Not bad -- received a nice goodie bag (I love freebies!) and enjoyed discount on our purchases. It's just a pity our Xbox ain't working at the moment -- the last time Hubby played, it sort of froze every few minutes into the game. Luckily it's still under warranty so we can send it back to the service centre and get a new set in exchange for it. Hubby'll do that this Friday, so hopefully, if all goes well, we'll be rocking and rolling together! Haha... that's certainly something at the end of the usual hectic work week that I can look forward to!




The above's the belated (hmm... very belated :p) birthday gift that Beebee the 'cow' got for Hubby (even her wrapping paper's full of cows...LOL). We 3 were staring at this some time ago in a toy store at Millenia Walk and Beebee finally decided on getting it for Hubby -- a gunso. Heh, Hubby spent about 2 hours fixing it all up (after he 'bragged' that he could complete it in 1 hour 15 minutes max. :p) after dinner at Bukit Timah last evening. The man was in his world, fixing this intently while Beebee and I played Scrabble and laughed like hyenas during some hilarious moments. Haha. But I'm quite impressed by how Hubby can put all these little parts together so efficiently. Hubby says it's actually quite easy but I get so turned off just glancing at all these and the instruction manual! I like the final product though... hee. (See below.)

This weekend was really quite eventful! :) But haiz... tomorrow gotta get back to work. Feeling a little lazy now and wish I could just enjoy every single day like the weekend I had. Oh well. Guess I just gotta reset my mode when I wake up tomorrow and try not to be in such a holiday mood anymore! :S

No comments: